Cohort Location(s): Charleston, SC
I have spent my entire working career in the Charleston area, including 20 years in commercial banking and owning my own businesses. Until retiring in August 2020, I was fortunate to work with the SC Small Business Development Centers and contribute to their mission of “assisting in the economic growth of South Carolina”.
My association with the SCSBDC and The StreetWise MBA Program have given me the opportunity to be a part of a new and better business community by providing business owners with an in-depth overview of the integral facets involved in operating a successful business.
1. Strategic Planning through internal and market analysis.
2. Leadership Skills established by example, consistency, and flexibility.
3. Client & Vendor Relationships built on performance and understanding."
“I would like to continue to contribute to the growth and creation of a new and better business community. Small business owners all too often are not aware of resources available to them and feel they are the only ones experiencing their day-to-day problems. This is an opportunity to make them aware of assistance that was not readily available when I was a business owner.”
1. I have experienced the trials and tribulations of being a business owner first hand.
2. Credit is an integral part of any business and I have sat on the other side of the desk as a commercial lender.
3. I have assisted entrepreneurs with the creation of hundreds of business plans, including the recent winner of the SBA's 2021 SC Small Business of the Year Award.
South Carolina SBDC - 6 years
Streetwise MBA Program - 1 year